Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to bring with me?

1) You will need your driving license (both parts - photo card and counterpart)
2) 1 proof of address (Utility bill no more than 3 months old - eg. Gas, electric but not mobile phone bills)

What are the age restrictions?

Drivers must be aged between 25 - 76 and have held a license for at least 12 months.

Is there an excess on the vehicle?

Yes, the standard excess on our vehicles is £500. This may be higher subject to accidents and convictions.

Can I pay extra to reduce the excess?

We will be offering Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) on all hires soon. Please contact the office for more information.

Do I need a special license to drive?

No you can drive 3.5 ton vehicles on a normal manual license.

I have endorsements/points on my license. Can I still hire a van?

Yes you can but there would be an additional charge.

How can I pay?

Bookings must be secured with full payment by credit/debit card and a security deposit will be taken on the day of hire. Unfortunately we cannot accept cash or cheques.
There will be a 3% charge for credit cards. Debit cards do not carry any charge

Can I take the vehicle into Europe?

All vehicles may be taken to Europe by prior arrangement. We will provide you with a fully comprehensive quote to include full European breakdown cover and a green card.

Can I smoke in the vehicle?

It is the law that you are not allowed to smoke in the vehicles.

Can I book a vehicle and pay for it even if I won't be the person who picks it up and drives it?

No, the person who drives the vehicle must pay for the rental/deposit with their credit/debit card.

What do I need to do in the event of loss or theft of the vehicle?

Firstly call the local police authority then call our office. The vehicle key and the loss/theft declaration to the police will need to be supplied to us. Should the van be stolen and you have not got the key you will be liable for the full cost of a replacement van.

What do I need to do in the event of an accident?

Firstly call our office. Take down any details of anybody else involved and take photos if possible. Please note that overhead damage to the vehicle is not covered by insurance.

Is there a mileage limit for my rental?

No you have unlimited mileage.

I am travelling to London, do I have to pay the congestion charge?

Yes, it is your responsibility to pay the daily charge and any other fines/tolls. If you fail to do this you will be liable for the fine.

BAR TSI BAR Self Storage Member